Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Cabin Fever



Since I haven't blogged for awhile and my last (probably the most boring post) just won the award on my blog for most comments, I've decided to post another boring entry!

I don't know if anyone else is suffering from this phenomenon this year, but I certainly am. I cannot take another flurry, wind chill and day that the temp is below 50 degrees. Maybe it's because I'm not working right now and I have no stimulation whatsoever but it is really taking a toll on me and is triggering the laziness to come out.

What makes me even more frustrated is the tease that we've been getting with the few days we have here and there of really nice almost 60 degree weather. I actually went down to Wildwood last week with my mother-in-law, to check on the Quinn's beach house. It was so beautiful, the ocean, the sun - I can't WAIT til the weather breaks that we can just spend every weekend down there!



So, ultimately I think I am suffering from "cabin fever". I have to admit, I do like living in this area because of the season changes, but I think the best time of year is when Spring hits! There is just a freshness about it, you want to be outside, you want to deep clean your house, sit out on your back porch with an ice cold beer (you get the picture)!




So, I will suffer through March with it's unpredictable, unforgiving weather patterns with all of the promises in my head about a beautiful Spring/Summer (and mom's pool)!


12 comments:

MaineMom said...

I hear ya Kristy! I'm sick of dry skin, loads of layers, wearing socks, etc.. etc.. etc..

Good to see you're still alive.

Bring on spring!

The Gawel's said...

I can't wait for Spring!!! I love to just be outside and let the kids play until they drop in bed!!!

Erin Moore said...

Welcome back! You know I'm getting worried when I'm calling!!! :-)

Yesterday it was -2 here in Maine, so cold my teeth hurt! The wind was so fierce it almost knocked me over! I can't even describe the coldness in Portland! The wind coming off the ocean and funneling through the building-lined streets - it pains me to think about walking into work tomorrow morning!

I'm ready for summer (which unfortunately doesn't seem to start until July up here).

Miss you! Amelle said she wanted to see you tonight - I guess she misses you too!

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

i'm with wendy....i'm tired of having dry/cracked hands! it looks ridiculous if i try to put band-aids on all the cracks!! (then again my skin isn't much better in the summer!). yesterday as i was shoveling the sidewalk i was thinking about how i can't wait for spring to finally get here! heck...temps above 40 would be nice!

The Gawel's said...

Hey- is that a picture of your bathing suit at the top? Just wondering.

Dev said...

Hey Kristy, Just wanted to let you know I am going to be a grandmother again, Kelly is pregnant, due in October.

Kristy & John said...

Congrats Dev!! I miss you guys, I'll have to come by soon.

Kristy & John said...

Nicky, no just my fantasy bikini...

Erin Moore said...

welllllll?????

The Gawel's said...

Well--what? Does Kristy have news or something?

Kristy & John said...

Yes, new Job

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

congratulations on the new job too!!