Friday, March 30, 2007

Miscellaneous Thoughts...

So, I decided to do a little miscellaneous post since I don't really have anything to blog about. I don't really like to post things that aren't good, just happy thoughts!

These past couple of weeks have been extremely stressful for us, between having a few road bumps with our kitchen project (which I will get to later), I had to have surgery last Friday (which I would rather not upset the people who don't know by going into details)but we are both okay about it, and starting a new job (which it's not the job that's stressful, just going back to work in general)

So, thankfully, the kitchen is about halfway there. The last three things that need to be finished are: our new patio door, the hardwood floor and the counter top.

These pics aren't current, but I thought I'd post the progress anyways. The next ones you'll see will be with the cabinets and floor (hopefully)

So, we had to pick out a different patio door for various reasons, research "downdraft retractable vents" for our drop-in oven range that will be in our "island" which we forgot about the fact that we need to ventilate our kitchen (especially for when you burn your food!), re-figure out cabinet spacing because our cabinets are not "custom", pick out another floor sample for the umpteenth time (don't even ask me why, it is between John ans Mike {he is our friend/contractor}), and last but not least pick out our granite counter top. I'm trying to convince my dear husband that it is perfectly normal for this to happen and no one ever stays with everything they originally decided on.



















View from the corner of the kitchen where all of our new cabinets will be



















View from the living room (this is where our "L" shaped kitchen cabinet layout will be)



















This is where our new patio door will be, basically twice as wide as the door you see there now, we are knocking out the back wall on the left hand side of the existing door (and our new window there on the left)



















This is the new entrance to the basement

I wish I could take a bird's eye view snapshot, it is so hard to capture a room this large and point out where everything is

So, I think that's about it for the update, we are definitely going to have a picnic/party as soon as our house is finished. On another note, we are getting the opportunity to go to France, Germany & Sweden in May. John has a work meeting, so I am going to tag along - not too often that you get the chance to travel abroad (especially when it is paid for)! I am hoping to be able to visit the Mars site that is right outside of Paris which will be nice to put faces to the names of people I am working with. I am also going to be traveling to the UK sometime this fall, so it will be another nice visit for John and I. Well, it's late and I'm babbling so I'm signin' off!

2 comments:

Erin Moore said...

Wow! ..so you're going to be putting kitchen cabinets where your old dining room was? Wow - that's going to be a big kitchen!

...I should've warned you that projects never finish up on time, but when you said it would be done in a week, you sounded so excited and happy, I didn't want to burst your bubble! The end result will be worth it, you'll have a beautful new kitchen! I can't wait to see it!!

Anonymous said...

t's such a tickety-boo site. cool, acutely interesting!!!

-------

[url=http://oponymozgowe.pl]Opony Mozgowe[/url]
[url=http://pozycjonowanie.lagata.pl]Pozycjonowanie[/url]

[url=http://www.araminta.info/i149-opony.htm]opony[/url]