Monday, August 13, 2007

Almost There!!

So, many of you have been asking for a kitchen update, and I have finally had the time to snap a few pics (which I am glad I waited until today because John just put up our "island lights"). The following things still need to be done: floor needs to be finished by the back door, window/door/floor trim needs to be put up, back door needs to be stained/painted and the back wall needs to be painted. Pretty good for where we were a month ago!! It felt great today when we received a compliment from a total stranger about our kitchen today. A couple came by to purchase some dressers we were selling on Craig's List and when they came in the back door they were like "wow" this is nice! It's funny because the only people who have been here in thelast few months has been just family, so now that it is 95% complete it is liek a real brand new kitchen! Very exciting!









Much thanks goes out to the following people for helping to make this kitchen so awesome!

Jack, Joe , Jim , Mike, Sean, Pappy, and Davey

7 comments:

The Gawel's said...

I am so jealous! It looks awesome! You forgot to thank John--I am sure he helped as well. I can't wait to come over and see it in person.
Oh yes---we are back, I have my last test tonight so I should be able to blog in the next few days!

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

it looks great! i like the lights above the island.
seth's gonna start making some calls soon...hopefully we'll be starting the remodeling process in the near future as well (we're not as brave as you guys!).

MaineMom said...

Wow!!! It looks wicked awesome (as we New Englanders say)! Love the colors!

Anonymous said...

ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW!
LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING FROM A MAGAZINE!

Erin Moore said...

Beautiful!!!! I think I'm going to copy you and paint my kitchen that color!!! It's so warm, I love it.

....so, what color is it?

Erin Moore said...

Just an fyi, we're painting our kitchen this weekend!! :-)

Anonymous said...

OMG! John and Kris, your place looks sooooo fantastic! It must have taken a lot of time for it to look that nice! Nice work! Hope to see you guys soon! Meg