Monday, August 20, 2007

Walking With Dinosaurs


Most of you know John's infatuation with dinos. It is almost as bad as Ross from Friends. Everything was dinosaur this and dinosaur that when he was growing up, almost similar to the Strawberry Shortcake and Cabbage Patch craze that I went through as a child!!

So I thought it would be cool to surprise John with tickets to see the "Walking With Dinosaurs" show that was going on at the Spectrum this past weekend.
Since the tickets were about $50 a pop for the crappy seats I thought that it would be a pretty good show (and more "adult" oriented). Boy was I wrong! The show was only about an hour and a half long and I think we were the only adults there without children in tow.

I have to say that it was neat how they brought out these dinos that were scaled to actual size and you could actually see their muscle tone. The best was the T-Rex - of course he was the "grand finale" and they messed with everyone bringing out a baby one first. It was actually cute.
Two other dinos started messign with it, then the "MOM" T-Rex came out to protect her young. Boy was she pissed!! This video shows how they brought everything to life.
Not worth the $100 though, I would have paid about $25 each ticket but no more! And it was kind of scary, I wouldn't recommend taking a child under 12 to see it.

2 comments:

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

sounds pretty neat...where was that?
we had a blast in maine! jammed a lot into one weekend. it was really nice to see erin and jermaine and the kids, as well as all the sights.

Erin Moore said...

I swear I didn't pay her to say that...but it is good PR, to get you & John to come up...I hope!