Monday, February 18, 2008

Yuck!


So, here is an update...

I just started having "any time of the day sickness" about a week ago, around the same time that I caught John's cold, and a few days before I had to have one of my back molars pulled. No, not a good week for me (or John)!!!

I am happy to say that I kind of love my new best friend (the toilet) only because the sicker you are with pregnancy studies have shown that the healthier your pregnancy is. I keep reminding myself that this is a good thing!

As far as cravings are concerned, I want fruit, fruit, fruit!! I just ate a grapefruit about an hour ago and it is the best thing I think I have ever eaten! John is bringing me some stuff home from the grocery store on his way home from work! My list included: lemons, lemonade, popsicles (the fruit kind), fruit salad, bananas, peaches or nectarines...yum!

So, we are almost at 7 weeks, 2 weeks away from our 1st ultrasound - I can't wait to see that little peanut! I don't want to start to be a complainer this early in the pregnancy, I am sure there will be more things that will be unpleasant soon! I will try to update at least once a week I promise!

3 comments:

Erin Moore said...

It was good to talk to you tonight and get the live report - but I still like reading the update on the blog!!!

I'm glad you're sick -and I mean that in the most loving and sincere way!! :-) You were there with me when I went through this with Amaya...we had a secret and no one else in the office knew that I was pregnant!! Remember I was even working out at lunch with you - for a little while at least....

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

i've been wondering about you! it sounds weird to say it, but i'm happy to hear that you're sick :-) from what i hear by the time you hit the 12 week mark you start feeling better...you're more than half-way there!

MaineMom said...

AWESOME! I also experienced the "all day sickness" which isn't fun. I craved any and all carbs (which isn't so good on the waistline). Amazingly it does go away right at 12 weeks - and then you will feel really good and have a lot of energy. Then the 3rd trimester comes and you feel like a bloated cow with little energy (okay, at least this is how I felt). If you have any questions on anything, feel free to pick my brain (well, what I have left of a brain - that's another thing you lose).