Monday, March 03, 2008

We Have a Heartbeat!!


Well, I got to hear baby Quinn's heartbeat today!! I was so beside myself going to my first doctor's appt. We are 9 weeks, and this was right around the time we lost our first baby last year, so it just made me very emotional.

I couldn't even finish my sentences with the doctor, I broke out into tears just telling her how much this pregnancy means to John and I and this is all we want in the whole world!!!! After my very uncomfortable internal exam (to those of you who haven't been pregnant yet, it is no different from your annual - OUCH!!) the doctor said my uterus feels right on target with my due date and I think she really felt my uneasy emotions. She asked me if I wanted to have her try to hear the heartbeat. Usually you can't hear it until 10 weeks or so, but she felt confident that my uterus was tilted forward enough that she would be able to hear it. She made me promise that I wouldn't get more upset if she couldn't hear it, it would just mean that I am not far along enough to be able to pick it up with the doppler. We went ahead with it and at first she only picked up mine - then all of a sudden I heard this superfast beat - the doctor started smiling and was like "you hear that"!?! There it is, she was so excited! I started crying and laughing - which made her have to find it a second time. It was the most wonderful sound I have ever heard!!!!

So, the reason we didn't get the ultrasound today is because the u/s people are only there on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. We are scheduled for 10:30 am on Friday. I cannot wait!!! I do feel so much better that we heard the heartbeat today, it is a very good sign that the pregnancy is progressing well!

I cannot wait to post a picture of our little Quinn on Friday!! Stay tuned...

6 comments:

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

that must have been music to your ears! looking forward to seeing pictures of baby quinn :-)

Erin Moore said...

Praise the Lord!

Kristy & John said...

I do truly believe he must have something to do with it!!! I just hope he keeps his promise!!!

MaineMom said...

WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! AWESOME!

The Gawel's said...

Yeah!!!

Erin Moore said...

He does.