Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Susan G. Komen "Race for the Cure"



I am now realizing that I should have published this post well over a month ago! I have been trying to get donations for the team that I have created to walk downtown this coming Sunday (Mother's Day) in a fight to cure breast cancer.

I know that many people are skeptical of some of these fund raisers and wonder where the money "really goes". If we really think about it, where does all of the money go in the world that you donate? I am more skeptical of dropping my coins in a fish bowl that has a picture of a child in a wheel chair on it that says "find a cure" or calling one of those sad commercials that you see at 2 am on TV when you can't sleep and giving your credit card number. I remember once that my Memmy, God rest her soul, felt bad and sent some money and never received a picture, letter or anything. I would like to think that in an organized race like this, where so far there is a total of 21,527 participants that my hard earned money is going to a good cause or even to help someone who is sick.



I do know one thing though, I HATE cancer and whatever I can do to help find a cure for it or help victims that fall into its trap I am willing to go the mile!!



Please help us to find a cure and donate to our team!

Click here to donate


Thanks!!

3 comments:

Erin Moore said...

I hate cancer too! I will be proud to walk with you on Sunday!

Team Pink Rules!!!

Erin Moore said...

..is that you #704?

Nice butt..

Kristy & John said...

It's nice to know that I gave such a great group of friends and family who have decided to support us!