Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Work, Work, Work


I have had so many thoughts going through my head over the past couple of months between getting engaged, losing my father and starting a new job. It made me really think of what I want out of life and what measures I am going to take to achieve these goals. One thing that I find most difficult at this time is balancing work and family. I think it is one of the hardest things for someone to do, especially a mother. There are many women in my life whom I praise for the inspiration that they given me through their work as wives, mothers and career women (and students). I have decided that I will never be one of those people whose life gets totally consumed by work. I would actually choose to make less money if it meant being able to be there for all of my kids' school plays, baseball games, dance recitals, etc. Life is too short to let the good times pass you by! I see too many people who live, breathe and fantasize about work - it is kind of ridiculous, you need to find a balance. That is definitely something I want to work on before the kids come (next year - hee hee, we'll see) finding a balance and not losing touch with the important things in life!

1 comment:

Erin Moore said...

Good girl! Finding the perfect work/life balance isn't easy - I've been at it for years! I don't do it well, but I try.