Thursday, July 20, 2006

"Going to the (Moshulu) and we're gonna get married..."


Ever since October 29th of last year my life has been pretty crazy. The day that John asked me to marry him was the happiest day I have ever experienced!! What I didn't know that day was how much stress, anxiety and anticipation there was to come! I still cannot understand why anyone would want to be a wedding planner.

This planning though has also been one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. Just knowing that I am taking this step and that I am going to spend the rest of my life with John makes all the little things just disappear. I have been so giddy since we hit the 60 days mark until our Wedding. There may even be a newly found diagnosis, similar to "intermittent explosive disorder" just for stressed brides. Hmmm, maybe it can be called "acute bridezilphrenia borderline disorder"
!

I was in Michael's Arts & Craft store the other day, picking up more ribbon, and I started conversing with a girl who looked around the same age as me - engaged to be married 2 weeks before me. It was nice to chit chat to someone who is on the same emotional roller coaster as you - I didn't feel so crazy!

I do need to thank my Mom, who has been my rock for the past 6+ months!

I cannot wait for the big day, and to have everyone who John and I love and care so much about with us to share in our happiness!

3 comments:

Erin Moore said...

Awwww...I miss our little trips to Michaels!!! :-(

Your wedding is going to be amazing! I can't wait!

...my bags are packed for Hawaii, it's so nice of you guys to bring your entire wedding party with you on your honeymoon.

Kristy & John said...

For the 23rd, right?

I miss our little trips too! Pier One, Taco Bell, Dollar Store!!

I do have to admit, though, my spending has significantly decreased since you skipped town!

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

erin, isn't kristy's wedding a destination wedding? the moshulu is going to sail to hawaii, right? can't wait ;-)
kristy, give me a call if you need a michael's buddy! i like the one right around the corner from cardinal....