Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July







We wish everyone a Happy July 4th and hope that everyone had themselve's a good time today










We had a few people over to our house to Bar-B-Que today, including my British counterpart, Claire, who I work with at Mars Drinks. She has been here in the US for a few months now, so I figured she was American enough to enjoy a good 'ole July 4th party :-)





John thought it was kind of funny that someone from England would want to hang out with us in this day - I told him he reads into stuff too much!




We ended up going to the Glenside Parade in the afternoon, almost getting poured on. Unfortunately, after waiting around for the Fireworks for 9pm, it was still raining. I actually think I might hear them now, unless those are the M80's people set off in their driveways. Still pretty damp for some good fireworks.
..

3 comments:

The Gawel's said...

We ended up going to the Southampton parade in the morning so we could go to a picnic at 4. The only thing I missed was my guy Ed Rendell. I have gotten a picture with him every year I have gone. I was wondering if they had the fireworks because it was raining pretty hard. They have a rain date for the 7th. Dave also thought they might have had them because of the loud bangs! My neighbor Hannah just said they did have the fireworks! That must have been an enjoyable time for people sitting in the rain. Also, I guess if you had an umbrella it would make it a little difficult to see! Oh well!

I wrote a book--sorry

Kristy & John said...

That's funny - I wish I could've seen Ed! We did have a nice time anyways though!

Erin Moore said...

Awwww...I miss the 4th of July in the old neighborhood!!!

Rain this year, huh?! For the 7 years that we lived there I don't think we ever had rain - it was always like 1000 degrees every year!