Tuesday, July 24, 2007

OC,MD



Some of you may think I am crazy for saying this, but I am pretty much VACATIONED OUT for this year!! I don't know how John feels but I feel as if I've been away more than home!!



Anyways, at least we have had the opportunity to spend some quality time with our family on most of these getaways!

We took a long weekend from Friday to Monday to Ocean City, MD, our family's old summer stompin' grounds. My mom and I were calculating it and we had gone there every single year from the time I was 2 up until the year my father got sick. We only missed one year and that was because we went to Myrtle Beach, SC.


It was fun and sad at the same time. All I could remember was our whole family being there, me, mom, dad, my brother and his rugrats. Most of this past weekend was reminiscing about all of the summers we all shared down there! My mission this week is to scan in pics of some of those old memories.


So, a few things I thought I would note from this vacation:

1. My mom almost got us arrested for crossing a major intersection when we were not permitted to. She was disapointed for 2 reasons - the first is that she really wants to be arrested by Sean Quinn, not a MD State Trooper. The second is that we actually didn't get arrested or a ticket just a warning slip.

2. I think my mom actually had more fun with John than with me. I took a catnap after being out in the sun all day and woke up to find myself all alone - low and behold they were down the boardwalk once again at the 'ole Sandbar and they actually cleaned the bar out of their Coors Light!






3. Fishtails - No explanation necessary! Didn't make it to Seacrets - but I'm sure that will be our Lewes, DE Rendezvous with Dave & Jen like we did last year!






Bittersweet is how I would describe this vacation. Ocean City will never be the same without my dad and his Scribblers!

6 comments:

Erin Moore said...

I think of your dad every time I pass those scribblers in the grocery store!

Your mom looks great.

I hope you have room for one more mini-vacation - maybe in Sept when summer is "officially over".

Looks like you guys are having a great time! Family traditions are awesome!

When is Annie due?

The Gawel's said...

Looks like a great time!

BTW what is a scribbler?

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

i had a similar experience when i went back up to north jersey a few weeks ago. such a mixture of emotions...happy to have the memories, but it really makes you miss the ones you love!

Kristy & John said...

I know exactly how you feel Nance! Nicky - Scribblers are Popsicles that are shaped like crayons

The Gawel's said...

Did you just post a picture of the scribblers, or were they on all along? I know what your talking about now! Thanks

Kristy & John said...

Hey Nicky,
No they were there all along! Small pic though, easily missed!