Saturday, July 21, 2007

Little Jack

Two nights ago John and I had the honor of being visited by our friends Bryan & Max. They just had a little son named Jack William about 2 months ago. He is absolutely the cutest thing I have ever seen! And, he is a spitting image of his daddy. Not just that "oh, doesn't he look like his dad" or "wow, he has the same eyes as his mom". He seriously looks just like his dad (scary!)

Unfortunately, since I was holding Jack the whole time they were here I don't have any pics of him or Bryan so that you can see for yourself! I just love holding babies, especially when they are that tiny. It is the greatest feeling in the whole world! It's funny though, almost like riding a bike with holding them. At first you're a little shaky then you get more comfortable the more you do it. I will never forget the first time I held my nephew Aiden - I didn't move, I was like a statue because I was afraid of hurting him, or not supporting his head properly. Now it is a piece of cake!
He was so cute but because he had just gotten his (5) - ouch, shots for his 2 month so he was a little cranky when they arrived. Not too bad but just one of those little uncomfortable cries. He would cry a little, then stick his bottom lip out real far, then just stop crying. He must have done this about 5 times and all we could do was keep laughing. It was so funny!

So, just a little congrats to Bryan & Max for bringing this little handsome boy into this world!

3 comments:

Erin Moore said...

I loved when you came to visit Amaya - you would hold her for me ....at least for 30 seconds so I could go to the bathroom. Do you remember how that girl held me hostage? ...she would cry if I wasn't holding her.

...unfortunely that hasn't changed much...

MaineMom said...

Erin, how about that hasn't changed at all. Seriously, every time I call Erin, Amaya is crying in the background for her momma. Every...........single...........time.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I used to work with this woman who would fling her little baby around like a sack of potatoes........I would cringe every time I saw her do it.

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

i've gotten pretty comfortable holding babies too, but i was extremely nervous when i held my little niece for the first time...SO teeny, hooked up to a bunch of wires :-( who would've guessed that she'd be pushing 20lbs. at 9 mos!