Thursday, January 18, 2007

Info-Mercials


Since I am being pested again to blog, I am going to blog about the misfortune that my husband encountered two nights ago (in which I tried to rectify)
Since my ass is now the same size as the huge purse that I just bought (purchased to make my ass look smaller) I had decided after watching this infomercial that I needed to do something about it.
John being the empathetic man that he is offered to purchase these DVD's for me as long as I promised to actually use them.
This is the last time I will ever purchase something off of TV.
As you can see from the above link it is only supposed to cost you about $52.85
Low and behold I hear John yelling the other night "what did you join and why is my credit card being charged all of these miscellaneous fees?"
I feel terrible and take charge in rectifying the situation. Here, the infomercial company signed us up unknowingly to like 6 magazine companies that were charging us, a fitness to fun membership and oh, by the way, the $52.50 total cost was now supposedly only the first installment, here they sent me a workout ball and a Kathy Smith DVD (which I didn't ask for) and charged John's card an additional $33. So, our credit card number was handed out and we were pat=ying for products we didn't even order.
So, here is my conversation with the customer service rep (who hardly speaks clear English)

Me: Stating my problem
Rep: Oh, I'm sorry but that's how much it costs
Me: Why did you give my credit card # out to another company w/out my permission?
Rep: You will have to call that magazine company for that
Me: Can I speak to a manager?
Rep: My manager is on another call, can you please hold
Me: Holding for about 15 minutes, I hang up and call back

Same converstaion all over again (another rep who doesn't speak good English)
I finally get on the phone with a man who claims to be a manager (who doesn't speak good English either)

He tells me that I did order all of these things (which I didn't) and tells me that he is going to go back and listen to the conversation that I had with the operator when I first ordered the products.

I tell him that is impossible, because it was an automated system and it said "push 1 if you would like to order this, and push 2 if you don't" (there was no live operator). They wouldn't even let us send all of the products back because it was one day after the 30 day money back guarantee!

Basically John took over from there and I still don't know if the problem has been rectified. I just felt horrible that John was angry because he was being charged all of these fees and there was nothing we could do about it.



Lesson to be learned from this:

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM OFF OF THE TV IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!
(even if you think your butt is huge and you've found the "miracle cure!)

2 comments:

Erin Moore said...

Big butts are good - Sir Mix-a-lot likes them.


...that's what you get for trying to ruin your nice big butt...

Kristy & John said...

It's more about getting ripped off than my butt!