Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Rachael Ray


I just wanted to post a little something about my new favorite talk show that I faithfully watch everyday on ABC @ 10 am. It is one of the best shows to watch offering "practical" advice on home improvement, organization, cooking (of course), relationship/family issues - plus she has some of the best guests on her show!!

I recently did a search on google (with her name) and came across a blog dedicated to the fact that "Rachael Ray sucks" I was baffled. Why would someone waste so much of their time bashing someone else who doesn't even affect them on a personal level. What did Rachael Ray ever do to them? They make fun of her body, the things she says, how she talks out of the side of her mouth like a stroke victim - come on people - get a life. So the girl got famous and is now getting a paycheck bigger than you can imagine. Jealousy is a bad thing.

I don't know why I am so mad about this, but I feel like Rachael Ray is like the "girl-next-door" no, not the goody-goody girl next door, but the one who did get in trouble (a little) had a lot of friends and sometimes could be a little shy. The thing I like about her is that she is so practical - not fussy-fussy like some of these other celebs.

Bottom line here is that there are a lot of people out there that sadly get their amusement from slamming people who haven't even done anything wrong yet and that's just not right!

7 comments:

Erin Moore said...

You really do have to get back to work! ...the fact that your addicted to daytime television is scaring me!

I like Rachel Ray's cooking show too - you can actually make the food on it - which is a benefit.

Kristy & John said...

I do not have a problem!!! I actually used to Tivo all of ABC's daytime shows to watch when I got home from work when I was working. Love it!

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

i watch the cooking show from time to time and i like the traveling shows that she does...but she annoys me! seth can't stand her!!! "sammys" and "yum-o"...:-P

The Gawel's said...

Dave has a dis-like for all her quirky sayings, but the other day he said she was on NPR. He said he was just about to turn the station when he decided to listen for just a bit. He said that she seeemed "smart and likeable." Also, she knows that some of her sayings are over-the-top and "fake", but she had learned from Julia Child to be upbeat and always smile. Something like that--I didn't actually hear the interview. I actually like her new show as well, when I get a chance to watch it!

Kristy & John said...

Comcast DVR is a wonderful thing Nicky!! You can record all of the shows you like, then watch them when the kids go to bed!!

The Gawel's said...

We have the tivo upstairs because when we switched over to comcast, it would not work with the box. I do miss having the rewind/record option for downstairs. We may have to get the dvr, I really can't wait until the warmth comes back so we can just be outside!

MaineMom said...

Dee-lish!