Monday, March 31, 2008

House of Bethesda


This past Saturday my good friend Erin came to town and I was able to accompany her and her husband Jermaine down to a women's transition house, the House of Bethesda, that they are sponsoring. Erin and I went to IKEA and purchased bedding, curtains, etc. to donate and headed on down to the house. It is an amazing home that they are fixing up to house women in need. It has 7 bedrooms amd 3 full bathrooms so it can fit quite a few women.

I started talking to the two women who are running the program, April and Beverly and listened to some of the struggles that they are having. It is very trying when you start up a recovery home, between all of the paperwork, trying to get the grants you need and putting your name out there to rehabs, hospitals, and organizations that can refer women in need. Because of my educational background and the work that I have done in multiple rehabs I have offered my services, however they can be used, to facilitate some meetings on recovery and addiction at the house once it is up and running. I am very excited about being able to help. In the meantime, if you know anyone who is trying to recover from an addiction and needs a place to stay please contact the house directly or pass along the information.

Here is the website with the contact information
House of Bethesda


It truly is an amazing thing thing that Jermaine's Aunt April is doing to help these women and I am so glad that our family can offer our help.

*above image copyright of Erin M.

No comments: