Thursday, March 20, 2008

Pregnancy Amnesia


Ok, I do not believe any woman who says they had a "wonderful pregnancy".

I think pregnant people just get this amnesia after they deliver a beautiful baby and they forget every little bad thing that possibly happened to their body.

I am really hoping that happens to me. During these short (but painfully long) 12 weeks I have already had two colds (I am suffering from one right now), a tooth that needed to be pulled (your teeth go to crap when you are pregnant), morning sickness that seems to go away but has come back three times in the last 5 days at 1 am, problems coming from the other end if you know what I mean, a chest that can't be touched or even graced by anything, and my clothes have not fit since I found out I was prego (which by the way was like 7 days after conception!!), not being able to sleep normally, among some other things I would rather not share on my blog :-)

The best thing about pregnancy is that when you crave something so bad and finally get to eat it, it is like you are tasting it for the very first time. John just looks at me like I'm nuts when I'm eating something saying "ohhh, this is sooooo good!!"

Anyways, I am not complaining or anything, just documenting in case I do get that "pregnancy amnesia" after I have the baby!! And I can assume that even though these symptoms may get better there are probably more other ones to come!!! And, I have to say, that being able to grow a life inside of you trumps any discomfort that I could possibly go through!!!

So, I have finally succumbed to the fact that this baby owns my entire body - my body is no longer mine. I have no control over what it does, how it feels and what it is about to do next!!! It really truly is amazing, but to experience this, I am truly indebted to my own mother!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The absolute best part of being pregnant is when you start feeling the baby moving inside. It's such an awesome amazing feeling. You can actually form a schedule for them without even knowing. My friend would always shake my belly and wake the baby up at night. Well now my son is like this night owl. He's always been able to hang with the best of them. Even as a tot. lol

Make sure you take lots of pics of your belly too each month!

Kristy & John said...

I can't wait for that!!! I have been taking pics each month, I just look like I'm getting fatter though :(

I guess another month or so I will have a more pronounced "baby bump"!

Erin Moore said...

Be sure to post pictures of your little belly bump!!

I don't have amnesia - I remember it being like 9 months of the flu.

It's worth it though (sort of). Just kidding - it's so worth it!