Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring is definitely HERE!



As I am cleaning the house this afternoon I decided to open all of the windows since it has reachedd 65 degrees here today!!! I love being able to open the windows, you get the fresh air, fresh breeze, and it's almost like the outside air is it's own air freshener. I went to the store and came back and the house smelled great!!

Anyways, to the point of my story. A lot of people have asked me and John lately, so, do you want a boy or a girl? I am torn between this, I love boys and most of my experience with rearing children is with boys (for how much time I spend with my nephews!!) and I think they are quite easy. I haven't been around girls too much to compare personalities but my first impression is "WHINY"! (Although they are so absolutely cute & adorable) This has been confirmed today with the kids in the neighborhood. Out of the 50 houses in yelling distance around us, I would say that 30-40 of them are inhabited by little kids, which is great for us! It's nice to know that you are in a neighborhood where there are lots of kids and you don't have to worry about finding friends for your children. I didn't have that when I grew up, my mom or dad had to drive me to a friend's house for a playdate - so you know they didn't happen that often! That's what you get when you live in the sticks! Now, boys on the other hand, they are dirty - not whiny (we hope!), but they are simple. And if our son is anything like his father he will be the easiest little boy anyone can ever have!

But back to my point, there are some little girls right now playing across our yard and I don't think one word that they have said to the boys or their parents so far has been said without a whine!!! Why do they have to whine so much?!?!? I do love hearing the sound of kids playing, it just confirms that summer is almost here! But whhhhyyyyy the whhiinnninng....


When I was growing up I was a bit of a tomboy - minus playing the sports (I danced & cheered), so I am going to vow today that if I have a little girl she is not going to be allowed to whine, she is not going to be a "princess", and she is not going to get something if she whines - did I say whines??? She will also dance and play sports - so she can learn how to lose gracefully!! I don't believe every child should be told that they are a winner. That's just misleading. She can and will wear pink, but we will have to make her tough so she can stand up to the boys!!!

I know I am going to eat my words!!!

Ok, I am finished ranting!

7 comments:

The Gawel's said...

A plus for having a girl is that they have more choices in clothing and shoes. For boys you get blue, black, grey, brown. I know Erin will disagree, she loves the boy clothes!
Erin--Sunday sounds great-Dave is working- Maybe we could go to lunch somewhere that the kids could play. Let me know--I'm flexible.

Sorry I put this on your blog Kristy! I can't wait to see you as well and see the baby bump! I hope you are feeling better.

Kristy & John said...

That's okay Nicky!! I can't wait for all of us to get together! Any ideas on where we should go??

I am feeling a little better, my belly has popped out so I do have a little bump!

I think today's fashion allows boys to wear a lot more colors than just the drab blue, black, grey, brown. My nephews wear a lot of reds, pinks, yellows - and it looks great on them!! I think I like shopping for boy's clothes just as much as girl's!!

Denise said...

When I was pregnant with Rachel we didn't find out if we were having a boy or a girl...the whole pregnancy I and everyone else (except my parents) thought I was carrying a boy.
Girls are fun, but from talking w/ friends it seems like they're harder to raise then boys.
I also refused to dress Rachel in anything that says Princess...that's just breeding grounds for a brat! :)
Are you guys going to find out boy or girl?

MaineMom said...

Kristy - boys can definitely be whiny! Will has his whiny moments, but I think they grow out of them faster then girls. My step-daughters have NEVER been whiny!!

I think shopping for a girl is SO much more fun! Not that I would know! But whenever I see a really cute girl outfit, I think, "My daughter would wear that." And no, no more kids for me!!

P.S. I've put Will in dark purple before, and yellow. Love those colors on boys!

Kristy & John said...

Wendy - no more kids?!? Not gonna try one more time for a girl?

Anonymous said...

Boys are so much easier. My son was and still is cake to raise. He's getting a little harder now that he's almost 12 but cake just the same compared to the 2 girls I've semi raised. They are moody, whiney, and have major attitude. Along with DRAMA. And it's only getting harder now that they are 12and 14. I can't really say that all the whininess is from parenting b/c we didn't allow that but I swear with girls its just inevitable. lol Well either way I hope your baby's healthy and I'm sure you and my cuz will be fabulous parents!

MaineMom said...

No more kids for me!! I have two great step-daughters to get the "girliness" from.