Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spring is coming!!!


I have to say that I absolutely LOVE this time of year. Let me start by saying how wonderful it is to live in an area where you have the season change. Even though I would love to live in an area where it is a nice mild 75-80 degrees all year round, I think I would never feel the way I do this time of year! It is good to have the changes, I think it gets you excited because you know what is to come.

John and I have been joking around about just taking one of those last minute vacations you see on Expedia real cheap, just to get away somewhere warm. We have been talking about Hawaii non-stop (where we had our honeymoon) and trying to scheme up a plan for our whole family to go next year - in January!!!!


I guess the reason I love this time of year so much is the excitement of the longer days, the little tease of kind of warm weather days, and just knowing that it is going to be spring/summer soon!! Oh, and Rita's is open!!! I had the worst craving for it last night at about 7:30. I didn't know if they were open or not, since it is still ranging about 40 degrees lately, but sure enough I called and heard the soothing words, "Rita's may I help you?" I did my little dance, grabbed Bailey for the ride and headed on over there! Of course, I had to taste John's lemon ice and it tasted so much better than my cherry (why is that?? it's like everyone else's is better than yours!!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Happy for you both!
Such a happy time for the Quinn Family with two babies being born in 2008.
Enjoy every minute of it!

Get your rest now..... !
Cathy

Erin Moore said...

Don't even talk about Ritas!! We miss it sooooo much!

Ritas needs to come to New England! It would be a huge hit here!

Kristy & John said...

Erin, Thank you so much for the donation for our team!! Remember how much fun we had going down there 2 years ago?!? That train ride was classic!!!

Kristy & John said...

I didn't realize you guys didn't have Rita's close by. I just looked up your zipcode and the closest one to you is 64 miles away - oh and there is also one in Providence, RI. You should franchise one up there - it would be a great business investment!

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

mango's my favorite!
how are you feeling? morning sickness subsiding at all for you?

Kristy & John said...

Yes, thankfully!!! I haven't been sick in almost two weeks, except for this past Saturday. It was either one last hormone surge or a bad combination of Old Bay shrimp, cherry water ice and a salad!! Next week starts the 2nd trimester so I should be good to go! They say the 2nd is the best, we'll see about that :-)
Thanks for asking!!