Saturday, March 08, 2008

Our Little Planters Peanut

Well we had our first ultrasound yesterday, it was amazing!!! This is our baby at 10 weeks. Baby Quinn has a heart rate of 163 BPM, which is very strong!!!

Here is our ultrasound photo. John and I think it looks more like a peanut shell than anything else!! The baby is about an inch big. It's crazy how I feel so much more connected to this little human growing inside of me after seeing it on the ultrasound. It truly is an amazing experience!

We will have another ultrasound at 13 weeks (for the neural tube testing) and the baby will be much more developed then. You should actually be able to see arms and legs!



The head is on the right and the body on the left


This is what is actually going on inside...

6 comments:

The Gawel's said...

Great picture!
Look how full your bladder is--were you ready to burst? If I recall correctly- I think the faster heartbeat was a boys. I could have it reversed.

I hope you are feeling better!

Kristy & John said...

I was supposed to drink 32 oz. of water beforehand. Let's just say I was only able to finish about 20 without having an accident. Thank goodness the hospital is only 5 minutes away - I was about to kill John for all of the bumps in the road!! Thankfully they took me right away and I didn't have to wait!

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

cute lil' peanut! i bet you must feel more relieved now (physically and mentally!) after having the u/s. :-) how are you feeling?

Erin Moore said...

Nice butt. The last picture of you is quite hot.

Kristy & John said...

I wish my butt was that small :)

MaineMom said...

Wow, your peanut is so cute! He/she has your eyes!